Tuesday, April 9, 2019

#30facesofautism 2019 - Day 9





Day 9 – Because of the sensory issues often associated with autism spectrum disorders temperature regulation can prove tricky.  It may be freezing cold and they feel hot or mid Florida summer and they are chilly.  I could definitely say I have seen this with Baby Girl.  I can also tell you that you never want her getting too hot ever – because if she does you will see what she ate for lunch again. Furthermore, she does not understand the purpose of a jacket.  To her its another article of clothing.  She puts it on and it stays on, all day long, no matter the temperature, no matter where she is, no matter what she is doing.  I have tried to explain that she does not have to wear it all day, I have demonstrated, I have argued, I have pleaded and finally I have just given up.  She wears one when she wants one and doesn’t when she doesn’t, but like a good Girl Scout I am always prepared with one on stand by just in case she changes her mind. #30facesofautism

No comments: