Sunday, April 14, 2019

#30facesofautism 2019 - Day 14

Day 14 – Yep.  The thing I have absolutely dreaded happening since the day Baby Girl entered school finally happened to us this year.  If you lean in real close I’ll whisper it to you so Judgey McJudger over there doesn’t hear…lice.  Yes.  Lice.  In that mass of curly, super tangly hair.  Yes, the little girl who barely likes her hair brushed, much less picked through for hhhooouuurrrsss, got lice.  And when do you think I found it?  On our late school night, after dance, when she was in the bathtub. Thank goodness Walgreens isn’t far and Dad was out picking up food. She sat in the tub while I started stripping every bed and bagging every pillow and stuffed animal in sight.  The treatment and then nit picking – literally – began at 9:30 at night.  I have to say that lice is no fun AT ALL but it was not near the nightmare I was anticipating it to be with her.  She was actually very good about it – it totally helped that I told her there were bugs in her hair – she does NOT do bugs (or bees as she calls all bugs).  She just kept saying, “get all the bees out Mama,” while she sat and I went section by section through the mane.  Lice is a big issue in Florida and so the posse at school hopped right in the next morning to double check my work and pull out the last few nits I missed after my eyes crossed and Baby Girl’s head started to nod about midnight.  Note: Ulta carries a line of all natural products called Fairy Tales for lice prevention.  We now use the shampoo, conditioner and detangler spray because there will be no more bees for Baby Girl or me! #30facesofautism

No comments: