Saturday, April 6, 2019

#30facesofautism 2019 - Day 6

Day 6 - Baby Girl still has a great love for ALL things music! Her current requested playlist includes songs from The Greatest Showman, Darius Rucker, Ed Sheeran, The Eagles, Whiskey Myers  and Post Malone. Eclectic! She also still plays the piano in our home frequently and has now started singing along. Her grade level performed a holiday musical this year and she had to have the musical recordings of all the songs so she could learn every note perfectly! Chris also moonlights as the DJ at our school dances and she loves watching him work the equipment. I got the chance to observe the instruction in her music class this year - perk of the job - which was exceptional of course. I found myself unable to take my eyes off of Baby Girl though. She was mesmerized by every little sound, every little motion.  Complete focus. For a hyper little chick with attention issues this is quite an extraordinary feat. She was determined not to miss a single thing the teacher said or did and complied with every directive immediately. It was magic. It was the music. It’s funny to me how a kid who is so sensitive to sounds engages totally with a medium that is nothing but. Her incredible music teacher says it’s time to try some lessons this summer...perhaps Baby Girl will find her voice in a whole different way. #30facesofautism 🎼


1 comment:

Unknown said...

My baby girl, now 19, still struggles with her times tables, but she can hear the lyrics to a song one time and have it locked into memory. When she was about 12, I played an obscure ELO song, and she started singing every line. I asked her how she knew the song, and she said, "I heard that once." I still say that schools do a great job accessing 3 major intelligences, and we tend to forget the others. I'd trade some math ability to be able to sing on key any day!

Thanks for sharing.