Friday, April 6, 2018

#30facesofautism - Day 5


Day 5 – Let’s see…PACI  , mullet  , 10-15 word vocabulary  (typical is 50-75), BLURRY picture on your second birthday   . BLURRY.  Such a funny little word but such an absolute description of our life at the time.  I WATCHED but could not SEE.  I READ but could not LEARN.  I KNEW, but I could not KNOW.  For about a six month period – and I swear this is true – I do not have a picture of this child that is not blurry.  They are blurry because Baby Girl was in motion if her eyes were open, constant motion.  She paced and engaged in repetitive action and CLIMBED, oh my gracious the climbing.  She was fearless while I was FULL of fear.  I was 42, the age my mother was when she had me, and I was “dead dog” tired.  I felt ancient and wondered how in the world I would ever be able to keep up with her, how in the world my mother had ever survived my toddler years.  In retrospect, I am glad that time was a little blurry, I’m pretty sure it afforded me the time to figure out how to make it to year 3 and beyond.  I’m not gonna lie though, one nice clear picture would have been good. #30facesofautism #autismawareness

No comments: