Tuesday, April 17, 2018

#30facesofautism - Day 17


Day 17 – I did not expect to be writing about this tonight but one must bask in the glory of the unexpected graces.  It was family BINGO night at school and Daddy had a meeting so Baby Girl was with me.  She sat beside me as I called BINGO, ate her dinner, played BINGO herself, helped me put the balls back in the wheel, won some, lost some, and joyfully celebrated and cheered for herself, me and everyone else.  There was no whining that she didn’t have my undivided attention, no tears when numbers were called that were not on her card and no meltdown when she didn’t win at every round.  Tonight would not have been possible even a year ago.  I could tell she was tiring as it grew closer and closer to her bedtime and the end of the night – in fact she fell asleep before we could make it the 20 minutes home.  She has grown and changed so much – maturing at such a rate.  As I watched her tonight I found myself marveling at a precious, shared time I was not sure we would ever be present in. #30facesofautism 



1 comment:

Maria Mallon & Cheryl Dillard said...

Love to read about Baby Girl's journeys, successes, and triumphs. She is truly a blessing!