Saturday, April 21, 2018

#30facesofautism - Day 21


Day 21 – Sleep has never been an issue for Baby Girl.  I feel so lucky because I know that it can often be a real challenge for our babes on the spectrum.  She sleeps about 10 hours at night – the only downside is that she is a morning person, and an early morning person at that.  Nobody else in this house is.  I’m not going to lie either, I enjoy the peace and quiet alone time that is afforded to me because she goes to bed early and I stay up pretty late.  I need it.  No matter how good a mother you may be you need disconnection from your children for a bit or you will go stark, raving, lunatic mad.  You know I speak truth.  There is no drama at bedtime either.  Most nights she initiates the routine, the same routine we have had since birth.  She did not stop taking naps until about midway the year in Kindergarten.  If fact she was so exhausted during the school day that the first half of the year she had to lay down for a bit in my office instead of going to resource.  If not she was an absolute bear.  She still falls asleep on the way home in the evening pretty regularly, especially on dance night or if we are at school later for an event.  She can also sleep anywhere, anytime and in any shape. #30facesofautism

No comments: