Friday, April 6, 2018

#30facesofautism - Day 4


Day 4 – Language is where it started for Baby Girl and where it stopped, or stalled at least.  I can clearly remember her gurgling that first word super early – “mama”.  I was thrilled and had no idea there may be trouble ahead until much later.  There is a way in which the brain should be wired as it acquires and understands language and something went amiss with her wiring around 18-24 months. She stopped adding words at the same rate, became a touch spicier and then, lo and behold, right around the time I started to notice that something was off Baby Girl’s hair went crazy.  I mean CRAZY.  It fell out, especially in the front, and then what was left became kinky curly.  The child had a mullet – it was all business up front and total party in the back.  I have no idea if the loss of her hair is related to the onset of the massive changes that followed but in my mind it significantly marks the earliest turn on our path. #30facesofautism #autismawareness


No comments: