Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Yesterday...

I didn't get my blog post done yesterday. I was so thrown off by the end to a long and crazy day. Just as I finished meeting with PTA Board last night and was headed into SAC lightning struck a house next door to the school and it caught fire. The biggest problem is that house belongs to one of our long time employees. The rest of the night I could think of nothing else. They are all ok, thank goodness, but theirs damage. The Chets family began rallying immediately just like they always do and in the days to come this family will need us and we'll be there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think the whole school has been in state of shock. I cannot imagine the disruption to life that this will cause, but I am very glad that it only involved sheetrock and wood and not any of our peeps.

Peace,

T-Cubed

Mrs. Patricia Wallace said...

It was unbelievable to realize how close this one hit home (no pun intended). I'm glad that no one was physically hurt and was impressed with the quick response of all emergency responders. It was comforting to know that no matter what else was needed, we'd be there for this sweet family.