Friday, February 25, 2011

March Madness - Chets Creek Style

Alright Creekers - because March isn't quite mad enough with all those evaluations I have to write I thought I'd challenge myself to getting into at least one (and sometimes five :) classrooms a day during the month to do a read aloud for you and every homeroom in the school!  I plan to dig back through our past book of the month books and pull out some "oldies but goodies" that some of you as teachers may not ever have been exposed to for the read alouds.  I am very excited about getting into the classrooms and sharing some of my favortite stories with all of you and the kids.  Click here to sign up for your homeroom's date and time.  Make sure to choose the "I don't want an account. I'll just enter my name" circle after you have clicked on the sign up box for your chosen time.  Sign up soon, there are only a limited number of spots - the madness begins March 1!!!!!

11 comments:

Denise Donofrio said...

LOVE this idea!

Constandec said...

Can't wait to have you visit!

Mrs. Metzger and Mrs. Morris said...

Great Idea! We got you the day before spring break - a happy day for sure! Thanks for doing this!

Toni Chant said...

What a wonderful treat it will be to have you do a read aloud in our classroom! We are very excited. Thank you!!!

Dorry Lopez said...

Thank you for taking the time to come in to each and every classroom to read a Book of the Month. What a special treat for our students! They will really feel important and loved by you!

Patricia Wallace said...

I always come back so excited from a BOTM meeting, telling my students that the Principal just read me a story. Now they'll have a memorable experience with a special guest reader in the classroom. I'm so excited! And I don't think I'll be able to hide it. :-D Yee-Haw!!!

Anonymous said...

SWEET! I cannot do a read aloud to save my life!

The only book I can do justice to is A Fly on the Ceiling, and yes, it's a math book!


Thanks again.

T-Cubed

Wanda Lankford said...

Awesome! Thank you Mrs. Phillips our students will love it!

J. Shaffer said...

Our kids loved having you come to our classroom for a read aloud. What a great Book of the Month you chose for our class. Delmar was on top of the world all day :). We appreciate you so much and all you do! Thanks again for making our day so special.

Patricia Wallace said...

Thanks again for making our read aloud on Friday even more special. It was a great way to discuss how to persevere to become better. Our PAST is just that... in the past. Our PRESENT is our moment to keep practicing in order to be better in our FUTURE. Inspiring message!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for coming and doing an amazing and memorable Read-Aloud! This was such a great learning experience for our second grade readers and us teachers ;)! The way we now look at questioning will effect our future at the Sunshine Farm and beyond :D!
Love, C B and the Sunshine Farm