Friday, April 17, 2009

Traveling Up I-95 on SEEDLINGS!

Last week, Melanie Holtsman and I were fortunate enough to be invited to speak on SEEDLINGS. This is a weekly show that is audio broadcast by EdTechTalk. EdTechTalk is a community of educators interested in discussing and learning about the uses of educational technology. Cheryl Oakes, Alice Barr and Bob Sprankle hosted a lively conversation with us regarding my role as the instructional and technology leader at our school and the ways that Melanie supports technology work at our school. I am amazed at how all of this happened and that we actually pulled it off. The three moderators were not in the same location in New England, Melanie was in the back office of a store in Orlando on the internet and I was trapped inside my vehicle on a cell phone with my husband, brother in law, child and two dogs as we traveled up I-95 into South Carolina. (No, I wasn't driving, amazingly neither dog barked and I didn't laugh out loud as my husband and brother in law acted out my side of the conversation! ) While it was a a little nerve wracking it was also a lot of fun getting to share all the incredible things that are happening with technology in our classrooms. I was so proud as I shared our story. If you'd like to have a listen Go here :)

Risk...Care...Dream...Expect...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to have a listen, but I would have paid a million bucks to see Chris act out your part!

Peace,

T-Cubed

Anonymous said...

After listening, all I can say is, "Wow"! The "envy" in the voices of the hosts was almost tangible. It is sad that a guy like Bob is "stuck" in his lab and not able do the things that you and MH do on a daily basis. Also funny that we are bigger than an entire district in ME.

I also liked hearing over and over that making mistakes is OK, in fact almost inevitable, as I plan to make a few :-} (next year my blog goes FLIP-V---no one wants to read---Help please MH).

Dang, we are one cool school, and I am rightfully proud to be a small part, and very proud of the others in our family, especially Mom and her techy daughter!

Cool Interview-and with media player, it was like a cosmic concert too!

Peace,

T-Cubed