Friday, December 19, 2008

Auntie Claus Comes To Town!

Today is one of my favorite days - and not just because it is the last school day before Winter Break begins - but because it is another important day of tradition here at the Creek. Each year I turn over the school for an entire day to my dear friend Auntie Claus. I've never actually met her but hear from the kids each year that she bears a striking resemblance to me! Throughout the day each grade level of students (200 strong) gathers in the Media Center with anticipation of a special visit by her. She makes a grand entrance (what a drama queen) and shares a special holiday story with the group and shares her wish for them in the coming year. Our resource teacher "elves" then proceed to serve milk and cookies to the children and everyone sings and rejoices in just being with each other. It is a really special time - and it is just another event that makes this such a special place.
I'm almost jealous that Auntie Claus gets to have all this fun! :)

Please know that year around and especially during the holiday season I am truly grateful for the incredible people I work with and am so proud of the wonderful job they do each day for children. I wish each of them a magical and joyous time with friends and family this season and a peaceful and restful break. Don't forget who loves you, darlings! :)

And on the lighter side...... We Wish You a Merry Christmas!

Send your own ElfYourself eCards


Risk...Care...Dream...Expect...

6 comments:

Mrs. Metzger and Mrs. Morris said...

As I was sitting in the media center near the 'fireplace' I was watching the third graders' faces while they were listening to Auntie Claus read and talk to them. They were precious. The holidays are a magical time and even more so at Chets Creek. I am very thankful to be a part of our school.
Lori Metzger

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I love the dance moves! The things we do at Chets Creek that make us so special! Thank You!Merry Christmas! Love ya!

Melanie Holtsman said...

Wow! I didn't know I had such smooth moves! :)

My two little ones were looking forward to Auntie Claus all week. I know it's a tradition they will look for each year!

dayle timmons said...

There's no place like Chets for the holidays...Can't wait to see what the new year holds!

T-Cubed said...

Even the 5th graders slough off their "too cool" personas and get very excited about going to see Auntie Claus.

It's a cool tradition, and Auntie carries it out with style year after year. So, thanks again!

As for elfing myself, I'd be afraid that I would look less silly than I normally do...

Peace,

T-Cubed

Short story to follow: Saturday--left for mountains arrived 3:00 P.M.
Sunday --looked for tree, and found one for $25--8 feet tall--cool -decorated the tree--Sunday night the temp fell to 7 degrees negative 15 with wind chill
Monday---pump froze---tried in vain to defrost
Tuesday--packed and came home to balmy FL without ever setting foot on any of my favorite haunts-big bummer

Meli O'Leary said...

I really enjoyed the Auntie Claus visit a lot. It has been my favorite Chets tradition so far! The atmosphere of the library was so warm and inviting and the kids were so into the story! What a fun day.

P.S. I love the elf-gram. It is hilarious!!