Sunday, April 21, 2019

#30facesofautism 2019 - Day 21


Day 21 – Happy Easter!  In general, today has been a pretty rough one for us. Lots of off behaviors, some out of character rudeness, whining, arguing, noises.  I’m not sure if its all the fuss of the day – the routine is off, folks are in and out, weird food, there are brightly colored eggs to find and pretty new things to play with – who knows? I sure don’t always.  All this leads to lots of corrections, directives, crying, and frustration - for everyone.  Even in all the NOISE of the day there are still glimmers of hope – what this day is truly all about anyway.  During a brief reprieve from the growling Baby Girl was happily sidewalk chalking while I sat and breathed in the beautiful afternoon.  Dad gave the warning that he was going to turn on the loud compressor in the garage and before I could do a thing to protect her she hopped up, flew inside yelling, “I’ll be back”.  Before I knew it she was back on the driveway, sidewalk chalking like nobody’s business.  The compressor was loudly chugging away but SHE had protected herself with her sister’s old beats. SHE had protected herself.  HOPE. #30facesofautism

No comments: